||VELUX, the world leader in skylights and roof windows, introduces its latest daylighting breakthrough. Utilizing the same proven design of the standard VELUX SUN TUNNEL skylight, we improved the energy efficiency to meet even the strictest of energy requirements.
The VELUX SUN TUNNEL skylight SE series provides consumers not only a 30% federal tax credit, but also the peace of mind that comes with using a VELUX product.
Energy performance standards were rewritten with the introduction of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. Responding to this challenge, VELUX has developed a Super Energy Efficient SUN TUNNEL product to meet the energy codes of .30/.30 U-factor/SHGC.
Manufacturer’s certification statement
VELUX SUN TUNNEL™ skylight
The taxpayer should retain this certification statement as part of their tax records.
Frequently asked questions
As in all tax matters, the taxpayer is advised to consult their tax professional. VELUX America, Inc. assumes no liability regarding the homeowner’s ability to obtain tax credits.
What is the 30% Federal tax credit for skylights?
By installing the VELUX SUN TUNNEL skylight in your primary residence, you may receive a tax credit of 30% on the price of the product, up to $1500. Installation cost is not included. Other products may fit within this cap as well.
What has changed with the Federal Tax Credit?
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 made significant changes to the requirements for skylight tax credits available under the Energy Policy of 2005. The changes include the following:
- Tax credits were extended through 12/31/2010
- Tax credits have been raised from 10% to 30%
- The maximum credit has been changed from $500 to $1500 total (this includes other products as well)
- Energy requirements changed from ENERGY STAR® rated products to products that meet .30/.30 U-factor/SHGC
What VELUX products meet the new requirements?
January 1, 2009 – May 31, 2009
- All residential VELUX SUN TUNNEL skylight products
June 1, 2009 – December 31, 2010
- TMR 010 0030 – 10”, pitched flashing unit
- TMR 010 1030 – 10”, pitched flashing unit, impact dome
- TMR 014 0030 – 14”, pitched flashing unit
- TMR 014 1030 – 14”, pitched flashing unit, impact dome
For all other questions, please contact your tax professional.